Thursday, 28 November 2013

Never look back DVD cover


This is my attempt of creating a DVD cover for our film opening. I have used all the typical conventions of a film poster and linked them in with the horror genre so I was able to portray that I was advertising a horror film. I have included the title of the film using a particular font that we found called 'Face your fears' and we coloured it in a blood red colour to create a horror effect which links with the title of our film opening 'Never Look Back'. We then created a tagline, using the same font and colouring as our title, 'Don't take the chance, You'll regret it' which seems quite mysterious as it doesn't give away anything about the content of our film. We also made sure that we included a couple of star reviews, and in this case we made out that the reviews were from popular newspapers and the reviews stated that it was a 5 star rated film, as the ratings of a film would let the audience know whether the film was good and worth watching.

For the actual image for the DVD cover I used a still image from one of our clips that we filmed. Within the particular clip it showed Becca (the victim) walking up the alleyway and the over the shoulder shot of myself (the antagonist) walking towards her, so you can only see the back of me with my hood up and then Becca walking towards me. I then took this image and edited it in Photoshop, adjusting the lighting and tones to make sure you couldn't see the sunlight as clearly. I also made the image black and white so the figures look more distorted, I was then able to conceal Becca's face as the change I made on the lighting cancelled out her facial features. This effect creates a mysterious effect as it conceals both characters identity but because Becca's character is lighter it contrasts to the image of my character which is dark, which suggest an aspect of danger because I am playing the antagonist and Becca is the victim, therefore her character is a lighter tone within this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment