- Match on action
- Shot reverse shot
- The 180' rule
A shot reverse shot is a technique used in conversations or simply characters looking at each other or objects when being filmed. When filming this shot Nicole and I were shown having a normal conversation with the camera first focusing on me when I started the conversation, we then cut to Nicole as she answered my question as the camera would focus on the person who is talking. The camera then reversed back to me as I began to speak, this showed a simple shot reverse shot technique. I think that this shot technique will help us a lot when we are creating our film opening as it will be frequently used if we show conversations within our opening.
The 180 degree rule is shown in the diagram below:
You only use one side of the circle when filming, you don't cross the action line. When filming this shot Viki and I were shown having a conversation and Nicole was standing to one side of us whilst using the 180 degree rule to film us. The shot taken was ok, however the camera was a bit shaky and we were looking away from the camera and that is something we will have to avoid if we use this shot in our film opening.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete